Architecture discovers the outer beauty of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface: Form and function come together in a fantastic exterior solution.
Experience Virtually Unlimited Design Flexibility
Let your creativity run free with an imaginative range of colours and aesthetics. Create the exact shapes and textures that fulfil your design requirements. For illuminated effects, take advantage of such features as translucent colours for backlit applications.
Beauty Meets Versatility
Durable, long-lasting, and easy to clean, Corian® exterior cladding is as practical as it is beautiful. As a rain screen facade, it contributes to greater energy-efficiency and to sustainable building with its durability. The select spectrum of hues for facades offers superior colour stability. It also offers low moisture absorption and resistance to stains, environmental pollutants, detergents, humidity and freeze-thaw conditions.
Corian® for exterior cladding also enables inconspicuous seams and can be easily sanded and cleaned to restore its original appearance. Even graffiti can be removed through standard pressure washing with mildly abrasive cleaning agents.
The Right Choice for Facades
Corian® can be skilfully fabricated to meet a wide range of architectural applications, including column covers, soffits and fascia and a variety of exterior details. You can form complex shapes with Corian® for exterior cladding, without the weight and cost of conventional materials. Coping, cap pieces, corner returns and other areas of critical water exposure can also be formed from Corian® to minimise joints and areas of potential migration or leakage.
DuPont™ Corian® EC has proven excellent fire properties and passed successfully the demanding EN 13501-1 norm (including SBI test) for wide sheets usually used in façade applications to reduce number of panels and joints.
Euroclass B s1d0 for panels from 760 mm, 1300 mm and up to 1500 mm
In addition to performance tests, Corian® EC has passed different local certifications which validate its use as exterior panels for ventilated façade applications.
- European Technical Approval ETA-13/0377
- French certification from CSTB (French Certification institute): "Avis technique" ATEC 2/11-1472. Including ISO 4892-2(accelerated ageing), EN14509 (humidity test), ISO 10545-12 (freeze - thaw resistance) tests
- Seismic certification according new 2013 protocol NF P 06-013
- English certificate : CWCT 2012/050 Aug 2012 including Water tightness, wind resistance soft & hard body impact tests
- Aprobata Techniczna ITB AT-15-2465/2012 for Poland (building limited height to 25m by the Ministry of Infrastructure Regulation